a birthday gift from my friend Danica!
This year, I’m turning 26 and officially entering the last year of my mid-twenties. There are a lot of things teen me would have thought I’d be doing by now (living in a house, going on grand vacations, to name a few), but I’m content to say that I’m quite happy with where I’m at with my life – the people I’m surrounded with, the situations I find myself in and the future I’m sailing towards. My 25th year was filled with the usual array of speed bumps and roller coaster hills, quiet contentment and giddy joys, and I’m grateful for each and every experience for how it has shaped me into who I am. I’m looking forward to this upcoming year, all the challenges and experiences that will mark this chapter. In fact, I’m steadfastly hoping that, as with every succeeding year so far, life just gets bigger and better and more wonderful!
Because it felt appropriate to start off a new year of my life this way, here are seven personal goals I hope to accomplish in my 26th year. I’m fairly confident I can accomplish at least 4 of these things, but I’d ideally love to do them all!
1. Complete at least two new novels.
2. Finish putting together the open floor plan area of the apartment.
3. Go on a trip to somewhere I’ve never been before.
4. Visit Universal Studios Orlando in order to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter again.
5. Build up a substantial amount of savings.
6. Get my US driver’s license.
7. Search out new job prospects.
I’m looking forward to a whole new year to tackle these goals. It’s a new chapter, a fresh adventure, and I face it with full confidence and brimming with hopeful anticipation. Here’s to hoping for one brand new, kick-ass year in my life!