I'm really, really, really excited to announce that I have teamed up with the lovely Rachel yet again - and this time, we're hosting a reading challenge! I've always wanted to host a challenge, and Rachel brought up the idea of teaming up for one a couple of months ago. We couldn't figure out what we wanted our challenge to be, and were so close to holding off till 2016... until I came up with the idea of doing a fantasy reading challenge on Monday. It took us no time at all to come up with guidelines & graphics, and so, here we are now, sharing this introductory post!
Rachel & I are proud to present the Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge! One of the reasons we became fast friends early on was because we share a mutual love of fantasy novels. We hope that all fantasy readers - whether newbies or veterans - will be keen to join us, and we promise we're keeping things real simple.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The challenge will run from January 1-December 31, 2015.
- We're welcoming all readers to join us for this challenge! In order to sign up, readers must link to their blogs or their Goodreads profile in the Linky provided below.That way, we can see where you'll be sharing your thoughts on the fantasies you'll read!
- You can read as many fantasy novels as you'd like to. No levels for this challenge!
- There will be 2 giveaways, one at 6 months and one at the end of the year. More details will be provided closer to those dates.
- Help us spread the word! Feel free to tweet about the challenge using our official hashtag #flightsoffantasy, grab the button to link to the challenge in your sidebar & pin the image on Pinterest.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Challenge yourself to read a certain number of fantasy books. Share your challenge number in a comment below, a post on your blog or even a tweet!
- On the last Sunday of each month, we'll be sharing our personal updates on the challenge. We'll be including a Linky, just in case you decide to do the same. (This is optional!)
- As mentioned, we will have giveaways! If you want to gain bonus entries for the giveaways, read any (or even all!) of our favorite fantasy books listed below:
- Joint Favorites: Throne of Glass, Harry Potter, Fire and Thorns, Snow Like Ashes, Queen of the Tearling
- Alexa's Favorites: Eon, Daughter of the Forest, The Elemental Trilogy, Song of the Lioness, The Hobbit
- Rachel's Favorites: The Grisha Trilogy, Harper Hall Trilogy, The Fever series, The Winner's Curse, Graceling
Now, obviously, as this is my introduction post, I'm going to be telling y'all how many fantasy books I intend to read next year! I'm going to be going for a total of 30 fantasy reads, which I think is totally doable, based on my fantasy reading stats from this year (so far). I can't wait to indulge in a good ol' fantasy, and I can't wait to talk fantasy with all of you!
And there you have it - the Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge! Easy, right? Rachel & I certainly hope you'll all be joining us and indulging in your love of fantasy. If you have a blog, here's a button you can include in the sidebar and we hope to see your name in the Linky below!