Sunday, August 19, 2012
A Sunday Retrospective is inspired by In My Mailbox at The Story Siren and TGIF at GReads!, where I share the books that I've acquired during the week, last week's posts and interesting links.
IN MY MAILBOXThis week, as opposed to last week, saw a lot of books come to the apartment - and most of them titles that I've been wanting to read for a while. I also got one book for review, one ARC on tour, two books that were a complete surprise and a sweet card in the mail!
The fantastic books I got from the library include:
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
You are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame
The Magnolia League (Magnolia League #1) by Katie Crouch
The White Glove War (Magnolia League #2) by Katie Crouch
Origin by Jessica Khoury (Thanks Ashley of Ashley Loves Books for sending this to me as part of the mini-tour!)
Silhouette of a Sparrow by Molly Beth Griffin (Thanks Meredith of Milkweed Editions!)
And now, I need help solving this mystery! Someone very generous sent me two books via Book Depository. I'm so grateful and would love to say thank you in person! The two books they sent me are below.
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce (which I read, but don't own so yay!)
Check out this week's set of posts:
- Author Pam Mingle (Kissing Shakespeare) wrote a guest post for Rather be Reading... and there's a giveaway!
- Kristilyn of Reading in Winter wrote about Alaska for her guest post on my blog.
- Elena of Novel Sounds wrote a delightful post where she combined music, books and destinations!
- I shared about my dream summer destinations. What are yours?
- I wrote reviews for Unbreak My Heart & In Honor.
ON MY BLOG
- Unbreak My Heart is one of the most perfect summer reads I've ever encountered.
- I fell completely head over heels in love with Easy - and finished the book in one sitting!
- Beautiful Lies was a book that I just could not put down.
- I wouldn't mind going on a road trip with Rusty and Honor... because In Honor was incredible.
- This week for TGIF, I shared about five of my favorite reviews I've ever written.
- If you liked The Goddess Test and love learning about characters, The Goddess Legacy will definitely be something you'll enjoy.
AROUND THE COMMUNITY
- Julie Cross shares a few things you need to know when meeting an author.
- Anna of Anna Reads celebrated two years of blogging. Her celebratory post is AWESOME.
- Writing advice from Veronica Roth is always good and honest and inspiring.
- One of my favorite people and my awkward twin Katelyn of Kate's Tales of Books and Bands is celebrating 2 years of blogging!
- This love letter to fantasy on the Publishing Crawl blog is AMAZING.