A Sunday Retrospective is inspired by In My Mailbox at The Story Siren and TGIF at GReads!, where I share the books that I've acquired during the week, last week's posts and interesting links.
Hi guys! I haven't been able to post one of these for a while, mostly because while I was on vacation in the Philippines, I didn't have access to a computer, nor did I feel like blogging all that much. But now I'm back in New York, and back to blogging and more excited than ever to share all the awesome stuff that popped up on the web, cool things in my mailbox and the posts that have gone up in my absence. (Warning: I may have included an excessive amount of links!)
IN MY MAILBOX
from Magan at Rather Be Reading (Thanks!)
Burning Blue by Paul Griffin
Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown
from Macmillan (Thanks!)
Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry
A Midsummer Night's Scream by R.L. Stine
ON THE BLOGReviews
Uses for Boys - Erica Lorraine Scheidt
Midwinterblood - Marcus Sedgwick
Entangled - Nikki Jefford
The Cadet of Tildor - Alex Lidell
Meant to Be - Lauren Morrill
Dualed - Elsie Chapman
The Goddess Inheritance - Aimee Carter
Unearthly - Cynthia Hand
Fractured Soul - Rachel McClellan
Changeling - Philippa Gregory
Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi
Also Known As - Robin Benway
Dance of Shadows - Yelena Black
The Near Witch - Victoria Schwab
Going Too Far - Jennifer Echols
An Author a (Mon)day: Jodi Meadows
10 Awesome Bookish Moments
Companion Novels Challenge (Don't forget to join me and Vi for this one!)
Finnikin of the Rock: Weeks 1 + 2
Companion Novels Challenge: February
10 Authors I'd Buy Books From Automatically
Finnikin of the Rock: Weeks 3 + 4
It Takes Two: March 2013 (Feel free to join me and Cass for this!)
A Song of Ice and Fire Read-along (Don't forget to join me, Cassie, Brittany, Alyssa + Kristina for this one!)
2013 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon Schedule
The Interview Swap
AROUND THE COMMUNITY
- How pretty is the cover for The Chaos of Stars?
- Here's a fun exercise to get you unstuck on your WIP!
- Jodi Meadows is awesome and holding an Asunder Reviewer Appreciation Giveaway!
- Here's a few reasons why you should read Jellicoe Road! (My review is here too.)
- This is why Elena and I are friends - food romances!
- I enjoy used books. Jamie wrote a great post about them.
- Elena wrote this cool Galentines post!
- Lauren Oliver shares some words of wisdom on Epic Reads.
- These beautiful book-inspired wallpapers by Elena are the BEST. THING. EVER.
- Cassie asks - how do you choose your next read?
- I could completely relate to Estelle's post about theater!
- I loved Eleanor and Park, and I'm completely in love with Magan's love letter/review.
- Need some writing tips? Kat Zhang had a few in her post about writing vivid scenes.
- Erin Bowman shares some thoughts on love triangles.
- Hello (Lego) Hogwarts! You are amazing.
- Thanks to Chachic, I heard about Elizabeth Wein's awesome series that I now want to read.
- Jamie talks about the fear of not liking a beloved author's new book.
- Finding yourself in a blogging slump? Jamie offers some tips to rekindle the flame.
- Faye wrote a lovely letter to her younger blogging self.
- Floral arrangements inspired by YA book covers (c/o Epic Reads)? YES.
- Tips for Twitter by Elena - and you guys should definitely check these out.
- If you love to read, you'll love these gorgeous photos.
- I'm actually a big fan of the new covers for Stephanie Perkins' books.
- Kate wrote a post for Netgalley's Tumblr featuring Elena!
- This is such a beautiful letter to Jen's younger blogging self.
- Jen interviews Marissa Meyer, and they make me want to watch Sailor Moon.
- Wendy shares photos of what may be the coolest art exhibit I've ever seen.
- Just in time for this month's It Takes Two, the girls at Epic Reads tell us WHY we should read The Girl of Fire and Thorns.
- Who isn't addicted to love stories? Anna posts this awesome video about it.
- Sometimes, love stinks - and Kelly tells us all about it.
- I fell head over heels in love with this wonderful post by Magan.
- Allison wrote a beautiful letter to Charlie (from Perks of Being a Wallflower) about her father.
- The cover for Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo is all sorts of pretty.